Be Smart About Your Inventory
- 1 or more 3PLs
- Consider diversifying your sourcing
- Implement inventory management software early so it can work for you
Keep an eye on your IPI score, and monitor your inventory closely to make sure you’re checking all of Amazon’s boxes that measure your performance.
Make Your Listings Sing
Top selling ASINs have better images, longer descriptions, perfectly crafted feature bullets, great keywords, and helpful (and compliant) product titles. Let’s work backward.
Great Product Titles
- Cap out at 50 words (even though you’re allowed 200)
- Have a consistent structure – brand name>variant info>size/weight>1-2 keywords
You’ll want to keep product titles shorter so that they are visible on Amazon. There was an irritating trend of keyword stuffing in product titles, and all that does is make for a messy, unreadable product title that shoppers will be happy to ignore. A consistent structure helps with your advertising strategy, as well as making your product title easy for consumers to understand.
- Highlight the benefits of your product, starting with the most interesting or beneficial
- Have helpful keywords, but aren’t keyword-stuffed
- Don’t have emojis, punctuation, or all caps
Third-party sellers have up to five feature bullets to highlight why a shopper should buy their product. These bullets help potential buyers find your products, but they have to be compliant. That’s why no emojis, punctuation, or all caps – all those are against Amazon policy.
Smart Keyword Strategy
- Words are shoppers using to find your product
- Words are shoppers using to find your competitor’s products?
You have to include the right keywords for your listings to be found, and for your advertising efforts to work. Why put a bunch of money, time and effort into Amazon ads if your listings are keyword optimized? If you don’t know how to do this yourself, ask for help from a professional.
- Are “concise, honest, and friendly…”
- Highlight your product’s features and benefits
- Don’t mention competitors
Making sure your listings are great is so important. If you don’t have the time or the patience to do this yourself, hire someone reputable to do it for you.
Amp Up Your Advertising
Run multiple campaigns to reach shoppers at each stage of the buying journey
TARGET YOUR COMPETITORS
Advertise ASINs with promotions running
Monitor ad performance (watch it like a hawk)
Obviously, there’s a lot to think about when prepping for Q4. That’s why the Ecom Cooperative exists! We’re here to help. Reach out if you have any questions!